Last week, Anthony at Your Service received a call from a woman in Missouri. “I don’t want to order a delivery,” she said, “ I have a 15 year old son with autism, and I’m worried about his future, especially once he leaves school. I found Anthony at Your Service online, and I’m so impressed. My son seems a lot like Anthony. Could I talk with you about what it takes to start a business like Anthony at Your Service?”
On Thursday, February 1, 2018, Autism Canada testified at the Senate Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology regarding the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) and the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP). During this meeting, Autism Canada discussed our five recommendations for improving accessibility to the DTC and RDSP:
- Create clear, transparent and informed processes for applications, reviews and appeals;
- Develop clear, consistent and universally accepted classification criteria for disabilities;
- Uncouple the RDSP from the DTC;
- Monitor and evaluate population-based disability data at the federal level; and,
- Include the neurodevelopmental community on the Disability Advisory Committee.